Myotherapy restores and maintains normal function of soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) within the human body. Myotherapists assess and physically treat muscular pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility.
Muscular pain is usually non-specific and is often described by the patient as a ‘deep ache’, ‘tightness’ or ‘tenderness’ in an area. It can vary in intensity and radiate to other areas. Other symptoms can include reduced range of motion of muscles and joints, stiffness, fatigue, weakness, numbness or a tingling sensation. There are many other symptoms depending on the condition and patients can have one or many symptoms.
- Sporting and occupational injuries
- Stiffness and pain associated with poor posture and stress
- Associated joint/vertebral dysfunction and pain
- Acute and chronic conditions affecting function and mobility
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Headaches / migraines
- Chronic overuse syndromes – tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Hand and finger numbness / tingling – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Knee, leg and foot pain – shin splints, patella dysfunction, runners knee, ankle sprains
- Arthritis / Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre/post natal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain and dysfunction associated with stress and tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
By taking a detailed history and assessment, we can determine the best treatment plan for your condition. Soft tissue techniques include:
Soft tissue manipulation (deep tissue massage, stretching, trigger point therapy)
- Myofacial dry needling
- Myofascial release of muscles
- Corrective exercises
We served our Myotherapy in Newcastle including – Adamstown, Kotara south, Garden suburb, Rankin Park, Broadmeadow, Lambton, New Lambton, Junction, Merewether, Waratah, Jesmond, Stockton, Warabrook, Kotara, Hamilton South, Elemore Vale, Wallsend, Mayfield, Newcastle West suburbs.
We guarantee our results. Improve your quality of life today. Find out more about mythotherapy please contact Newcastle Muscle Pain Solutions on (02) 4967 7770.